Sunday, May 22, 2011

Theatre Geekery

I'm waking up at 5am on Monday (tomorrow) morning to make a long distance phone call to Ireland.

Why? you ask.

Because the Druid Theater company of Galway is putting on a production of Martin McDonagh's play The Cripple of Inishmaan.

ON Inishmaan. When I'M on Inishmaan!!!


Photo from Druid Theatre website of Cripple of Inishmaan production.
There are a limited number of tickets available for non-residents of the islands, and the box office opens at 10am on Monday.

Martin McDonagh's other plays include The Pillowman, The Lieutenant of Inishmore, A Behanding in Spokane, The Beauty Queen of Leenane, and others. I'm a big fan of his dark humor.

I'm saying a prayer tonight to Manannan mac Lir god of the sea that I'm able to get a ticket.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment